A Virtual Terminal is a web-based application that allows merchants to accept credit card payments using their internet-connected computers. Like a traditional credit card terminal you would see at most retail stores, virtual terminals can accept both swiped and keyed credit card transactions. A virtual terminal can be used to process credit card and ACH transactions from any computer with internet access anywhere in the world, allowing you to securely and efficiently handle a series of additional tasks including the verification, reporting and processing of credit card and ACH payments.
Many of the benefits of the Virtual Terminal are it will help save time and money with a versatile implementation option. We allow the ability for you to have multiple administrators and unlimited users with the Virtual Terminal. The Virtual Terminal allows for the ability to set up recurring payments. The Virtual Terminal will also allow you the ability to process Level 3 data which will allow your credit cards to clear at a lower interchange rate. Virtual Terminals are very common in a business setting or a traditional office environment. A Virtual Terminal gives you the ability to take the payment in person or to be able to take the payment over the phone from a consumer.
How does a Virtual Terminal Work:
- Process swiped retail credit card transactions
- Manually enter mail order/telephone order (MOTO) credit card transactions
- Generate receipts
- Manually enter ACH transactions using one of the following Standard Entry Class Codes: PPD, CCD, WEB or TEL
- Receive authorizations responses
- Issue refunds to a customer’s credit card or ACH account
- Store credit card or ACH payment information for future billing. This will allow you the ability to auto bill a credit card.
- Set up automatic customer billing for recurring charges
- Upload batch files
- Access, create and save a variety of standard and customizable reports